2nd International DevOps Quality Management Workshop - 2021
The aim of this workshop is to provide a venue for advances in the state of the art in DevOps quality management approaches, practices, and tools. To this end, the workshop brings together experts from both academia and industry, working in diverse area of quality assurance, testing, performance engineering, agile software engineering, and model-based development, with the goal to identify, define, and disseminate novel quality-aware approaches to DevOps.
Though researchers and practitioners are working to explore different aspects of DevOps process. However, we didn’t see any conference that explicitly focus on DevOps activities and more specifically on quality management. Quality management offers immense research opportunities that can improve the DevOps process. This area needs due attention and platform to maximize the discussion and research progress. We believe that this workshop will provide an opportunity to industry and academia to explore quality attributes of DevOps process.
The quality management of the software system and processes are mature in conventional software development environment. Focusing on various metrics and processes under the DevOps principles could significantly improve the product quality, development and ownership. However, the deployment of DevOps quality assurance techniques and approaches remains largely unknown and the automated steps in DevOps make the quality management a challenging phase which cannot be achieved using the traditional approaches. Therefore, DevOps oriented quality management approaches are far from being mature, and are often limited to expensive trial-and-error exercises.
Potential topics include but are not limited to the following:
- • Empirical studies using quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods
- • Empirical evaluation of quality management techniques
- • Social aspects of DevOps
- • DevOps quality management tools and methods
- • Machine learning for quality assurance
- • Scaling DevOps in the domain of global software engineering
- • Quality improvement standards and models
- • Knowledge management in DevOps
- • DevSecOps (thinking about application and infrastructure security from the start)
- • Automated documentation in DevOps
- • Risk management
- • Human factors in DevOps
- • DevOps education
- • Testing, verification and validation
- • DevOps challenges
- • DevOps for Cyber-Physical Systems
Trondheim, Norway, Mon 21 - Thu 24 June 2021